What is “timeshare resale”? When the owner of a timeshare decides to sell his one-week vacation ownership, a resale will occur.
There are many reasons why people decide to sell their timeshare weeks or vacation ownership-health issues, financial status of children no longer taking vacations with their families when they grow up, age or lifestyle changes. Although it doesn’t matter why people choose to sell their week, it does make timeshare weeks cheaper to buy on the secondary market compared to buying directly from developers.
Developers have already borne the marketing costs, the hiring of sales staff, and other advertising and management costs passed on to consumers, thereby increasing the price that must be obtained when selling timeshares.
Compared with the original purchase price, the value of resale of famous brand properties such as Hilton, Marriott, Wyndham and Westin Starwood is particularly high. The added benefit is that they provide excellent value while providing all the facilities and activities you would expect from a luxury resort or hotel.
Let’s take a quick look at the benefits of buying resale and buying timeshare rights directly from the developer:
- If you directly compare the original purchase price purchased from the developer, then buying a timeshare for resale can save you thousands of dollars.
- Resale is an opportunity for you and your family to enjoy vacationing year after year without worrying about the price increase of hotel-type accommodation.
- The resort club resale gives you the opportunity to spend more affordable prices in every exotic destination you’ve always wanted to go to.
- Except in very rare cases, when you buy on the resale market, all ownership (for example, membership of the Resort Owners Association) is directly transferred from the current owner to you.
- Compared to buying directly from the developer, buying and reselling with brand-name property will ensure a consistent high-quality holiday at a lower cost.
All in all, vacations have proven to be good for our health and provide us with quality family time. Although timeshares should never be purchased as a financial investment, vacation ownership is an investment in quality vacations for your family and loved ones in the future.
Timeshare resale has great value and may be the best thing you can do for your family!